Skip to main content
Hamburger Menu Close

Advertisement

Entertainment

Music veterans Ramli Sarip, Mayuni Omar and Daly Filsuf to judge Malay songwriting contest Projek Lagu

Twelve finalists will be put to the test in Projek Lagu, which will be broadcast on Suria and meWATCH starting Sep 7.

Music veterans Ramli Sarip, Mayuni Omar and Daly Filsuf to judge Malay songwriting contest Projek Lagu

(From left) Industry veterans Mayuni Omar, Ramli Sarip and Daly Filsuf will judge the Malay songwriting competition Projek Lagu. (Photo: Mediacorp)

What does it take to write a hit song? 

Malay songwriting competition Projek Lagu will follow the creative process of 12 finalists over two months, from song conceptualisation and production to performer selection and working with a music director, right up to the moment the song is finally performed on stage. 

These final performances will then be judged by music veterans Ramli Sarip, Mayuni Omar and Daly Filsuf based on the songs' originality and creativity, melody and lyrics, as well as their commercial suitability. 

The judges' input will comprise 70 per cent of the total score, with the remaining 30 per cent made up by public voting. 

The competition, hosted by local artists Fadli Kamsani, Fatin Amira and Lydia Asyiqin, will take on an elimination format, with the contestants battling it out over 10 weeks to make it to the final four spots in the grand final on Nov 9. 

The grand champion will receive S$20,000 in cash, the first runner-up S$5,000, the second runner-up S$3,000 and the third runner-up S$2,000. 

Viewers can catch Projek Lagu on Suria and meWATCH every Tuesday at 8.30pm starting Sep 7. Show performances and behind-the-scene highlights will also be available on meWATCH, meLISTEN, Suria’s IGTV and Mediacorp’s Entertainment YouTube Channel.

Visit the Projek Lagu website for more info.

Source: CNA/hs

Advertisement

RECOMMENDED

Advertisement