Travel plans cancelled? Here's a list of staycation packages for a holiday at home
There’s no need to book a flight out of town. These local hotels have all you need, plus the best deals to save on cost. Scroll down for our updated list with even more hotels.
If the COVID-19 situation has thrown a wrench into your travel plans, here’s some friendly advice from Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong himself – why not a staycation?
In a Facebook post on Mar 2, PM Lee said: “If you’re worried about travel restrictions, consider a staycation at a local hotel.”
Indeed, your passport may need to stay locked in the drawer for now, but a Singapore staycation is still a viable option for a quick break from the daily grind. There’s much less packing to do, no mad rush to the airport – and you don’t even have to pay for airfare anymore. The best part? Many hotels have now launched new packages to entice you to book a local stay.
Here are some of the best deals to be had at our local hotels.
GRAND MERCURE SINGAPORE ROXY
The great thing about a staycation in Singapore is you don’t have to venture too far away from the comfort of the heartlands. The Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy is nestled in the heritage neighbourhood of Katong.
It’s also 15 minutes away from Changi Airport, which means that exploring Jewel is easy and convenient. To sweeten the deal, the hotel is offering the Staycay and Explore Jewel package that comes with complimentary airport shuttle to-and-fro, plus admission tickets to Canopy Park.
The deal: The Staycay and Explore Jewel package starts from S$150++ for a stay in the Superior Room (two adults and one child). It includes:
- Buffet breakfast for two adults and one child
- Admission to Canopy Park, including experiences at Discovery Slides, Foggy Bowls, Petal Garden and Topiary Walk for two adults and one child
- Complimentary two-way airport shuttle to Changi Airport
OASIA HOTEL DOWNTOWN
Located in the heart of the Tanjong Pagar district, Oasia Hotel Downtown’s facade is certainly unmistakable. The hotel is designed to look like a vertical garden amidst an urban landscape, and within the interiors, the hotel is also known for its many photogenic spots that make for Instagram-worthy moments. No one needs to know that you haven’t left the country.
The deal: Oasia Hotel Downtown’s O' What A Weekend package starts from S$155++ for a stay in the Superior Room. It includes:
- Breakfast and high tea set for two at The Marmalade Pantry
- 1-for-1 main course also at The Marmalade Pantry
- 1-hr fitness activity (yoga on Sundays)
HOLIDAY INN SINGAPORE ATRIUM
Just a stone’s throw away from the hipster neighbourhood of Tiong Bahru, Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium is an ideal choice for a fuss-free getaway. Rooms are comfortably spacious and the hotel’s dining options include Xin Cuisine Chinese Restaurant, Atrium Bar 317 and Atrium Restaurant.
The deal: The Upsized Staycation package starts from $155++. It includes:
- Complimentary breakfast for two
- 2nd room at $88++ (top up breakfast at $15++ per pax)
- Complimentary 1 bed for kids
- Complimentary drink voucher for two (Choice of beer, juice or soft drinks)
- S$30 dining credit for use at any dining establishment
- 30% off room service and a la carte menu at restaurants and bar
ROYAL PLAZA ON SCOTTS
If you’re the type that needs to be kept entertained, there’s no better location to do a staycation than Orchard Road, where shopping malls, movie theatres and a bevy of restaurants are right at your doorstep. Royal Plaza on Scotts sits right in the middle of all the action on this bustling street.
The five-star hotel is offering a staycation deal for just S$168++, and for the March School Holidays, you can even book an additional room for the kids at just S$88++.
The deal: The What The Duck?! Staycation Deal is priced from S$168++. It includes:
- Complimentary update to Premier Room
- Buffet breakfast for two
- 30% off lunch and dinner at Carousel
- Access to Premier Lounge
- Second room can be booked at $88++
SIX SENSES MAXWELL
Six Senses Maxwell is the second Singapore property under the wellness luxury brand, the first of which is Six Senses Duxton. The property is set in a block of heritage shophouses in Chinatown and boasts 138 guestrooms and suites, an outdoor rooftop lap pool, gym, two restaurants and three bars. Located on the fourth floor of the hotel are also five spa pods and two relaxation rooms to cater to all your pampering needs.
The deal: The Weekend Escapades package is priced from S$200++ for a stay in the Merchant Court Room. It includes:
- Breakfast for two
- 30% off food bill, a-la-carte items only
- 30% off a-la-carte menu at Spa Pods
For bookings, email reservations-maxwell [at] sixsenses.com
THE OUTPOST HOTEL
For a romantic getaway with that special someone, book a staycation at The Outpost Hotel. The newish hotel, which opened in April 2019, is located on Sentosa Island, so it might feel like you’re heading off on a tropical getaway. To up the romance, this is an adults-only hotel – no kids below 12 years old are allowed – meaning you’ll definitely get peace and quiet on your getaway. If you’d like to head out to explore Sentosa, this package also comes with a choice of attraction tickets.
The deal: The Island Holistay package is priced from S$230++ for a stay in the Deluxe Room with Pool View. It includes:
- Complimentary breakfast
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Room with Sea View
- 1-for-1 drinks at 1-V:U per stay
- Discount of up to 20% for selected F&B outlets
- Choice of attraction tickets for Wings of Time, Singapore Cable Car or Sentosa Island Bus Tour
- Celebration surprise if you’re celebrating a special occasion
- Top up S$50++ for a 3-course dinner set for two at Native Kitchen
- Weekend activities such as art jamming, floral arrangement, terrarium workshop, yoga and more
If you’d prefer a stay in the heritage enclave of the Bugis precinct, and need to bring the kids along, book the InterContinental Singapore instead. Mum and Dad can look forward to dining at hipster cafes along Haji Lane, while kids can try their hand at culinary activities with the hotel’s Kid’s Kitchen experience. Guided by the hotel chefs, children can take part in activities such as pizza making and pastry decorating.
The deal: The Family First package starts from S$262++ for a stay in the Deluxe Room category onwards. It includes:
- Buffet breakfast for two adults at Ash & Elm
- Three-course prix-fixe menu at Man Fu Yuan or Ash & Elm for two adults
- Kid’s Kitchen experience
- Complimentary dining for children below the age of 12 (selected menu offered)
- An option to book a second interconnecting guestroom at 50% off best flexible rate
- 25% off total bill at Ash & Elm, Man Fu Yuan and The Lobby Lounge during your stay
SINGAPORE MARRIOTT TANG PLAZA HOTEL
One of the country’s most iconic hotels, Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel is a hidden oasis in the heart of Orchard Road. It's wide array of gourmet offerings makes you want to stay in instead of venturing out. The hotel has also launched a Stay and Indulge with Dining Credits package perfect for foodies.
The deal: The Stay and Indulge with Dining Credits package starts from S$298++ for a stay in the Premier Deluxe room. It includes:
- Complimentary breakfast for two at Marriott Cafe (valued at S$84++)
- Children under five years old enjoy complimentary breakfast (limited to two children)
- Complimentary S$25++ dining credit at Crossroads per room, per night, per person
Just in time for the March Holidays, Regent Singapore has rolled out a Family Fun package that promises a good time for the whole family. There’s movie screenings, a DIY milkshake station by the pool, and even an in-room tent set-up with family games. The hotel’s Guest Experience team can help to put together a basket of gourmet treats for a picnic at the nearby Singapore Botanic Gardens.
The deal: The Family Fun package starts from S$320++. It includes:
- Complimentary connecting Premium room with every room booked
- Movie screening (every Saturday at 8pm)
- Bath bombs for a bubbly time in your room
- DIY milkshakes by the pool (every Saturday and Sunday from 3pm to 5pm)
- Tent set-up with family games
JW MARRIOTT SINGAPORE SOUTH BEACH
Luxury hotel JW Marriott Singapore South Beach, Singapore’s first Phillipe Starck designed hotel, is located in the heart of the art and culture district. The hotel is replete with upscale amenities, including a luxury spa, two sky gardens, and two swimming pools. We guarantee you’ll check out feeling refreshed and reinvigorated.
The deal: JW Marriott’s Upgrade Your Staycation package starts from S$320++. It includes:
- Complimentary upgrade to the next room category
- Daily buffet breakfast for two at Beach Road Kitchen
An island paradise getaway may be out of the question for now, but a few nights at Sentosa’s W Hotel comes pretty close. Every room here is decked out in trendy decor. While the hours away at the hotel’s WET Pool, one of Singapore’s largest outdoor pool areas. And in the evening, sip on custom cocktails and premier spirits at the newly revitalised WOOBAR.
The deal: The Staycay with Us package is available for weekend stays between Friday to Monday, starting from S$350++. It includes:
- 25% off your second night
- Daily breakfast at The Kitchen Table
- Complimentary access to the spa
- Daily activities for the little ones such as cooking classes, sports day at the W Lawn and movie nights
INTERCONTINENTAL SINGAPORE ROBERTSON QUAY
The year may have just gotten off to a start, but who says you don’t deserve a treat already? A night of luxury is worth splashing out on once in a while, so escape into the luxurious comforts of InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay. This season, the hotel is championing the Suite Life with a package that includes a stay in one of the hotel’s expansive suites, and other additional perks such as a complimentary bottle of champagne. The hotel is also located along Robertson Quay, so you may want to head out for a romantic sundown stroll with your significant other.
The deal: With room rates starting from S$396++, guests can choose a stay in the Quayside Suite, Executive Suite, Quayside Corner Suite or Penthouse. The Suite Life package also includes:
- Breakfast for two
- Afternoon tea, evening canapes and cocktails at the Club InterContinental lounge
- A bottle of champagne upon arrival
- Lush bath bomb to luxuriate within your suite bathroom
MARINA BAY SANDS
Has a stay at Marina Bay Sands (MBS) been on your bucket list for some time? Now is a great time to bite the bullet. Picturesque Infinity Pool aside, the MBS complex and its surrounding area is replete with plenty of things to do.
The ArtScience Museum and Gardens by the Bay are just a stone’s throw away, and when it comes to dining, you’ll be spoilt for choice with the wide array of restaurants both within the hotel, and at the adjoining shopping complex.
The deal: The Stay and Save package starts from S$399++. It includes:
- Complimentary room upgrade immediately upon reservation
- Complimentary S$50 credit per stay with free Sands Rewards LifeStyle membership
- Breakfast at RISE restaurant, Adrift by David Myers, Spago Bar & Lounge, or in-room dining
- Complimentary entry to Sands SkyPark Observation Deck & Infinity Pool
- 15% off ArtScience Museum tickets
- 10% off single treatments and 15% off couple treatments at Banyan Tree Spa till Dec 31
- 1-for-1 cocktails at Adrift till Jun 30